Jump to Main Content
- Kovács, F., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Acta veterinaria Hungarica 2003 v.51 no.4 pp. 485-491
- air; atrophy; computed tomography; image analysis; nasal cavity; swine; teeth
- ... Computed tomography (CT), a non-invasive visualisation technique was applied for imaging the bony structures of the nasal cavity of pigs, and compared to the traditional scoring system of turbinate atrophy in swine. Twenty-three 27-week-old pigs representing various stages of turbinate atrophy were used. Nasal structures were visually scored on CT scans and transversal cuts of the noses at the lev ...
- Kovács, F., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Acta veterinaria Hungarica 2003 v.51 no.2 pp. 171-179
- Aujeszky disease; Fusarium verticillioides; Suid herpesvirus 1; antibodies; concanavalin A; diet; fumonisin B1; fungi; humoral immunity; immune response; laboratory animals; lymphocyte proliferation; neutralization tests; swine; vaccines; Hungary
- ... Only few data are available on the effect of fumonisins on the immune response. The aim of the present study was to examine whether dietary fumonisin B1 (FB1) has any effect on the humoral and cellular immune response in weaned pigs, depending on the dose and the time of toxin exposure. Fusarium moniliforme fungal culture was added to the experimental animals' diet to ...