Jump to Main Content
- Anderson, G. Harvey; Soeandy, Chesarahmia Dojo; Smith, Christopher E.
- Advances in nutrition 2013 v.4 no.3 pp. 356S-367S
- parsnips, etc ; blood glucose; cauliflower; color; corn; dietary recommendations; energy; foods; glycemic effect; glycemic index; kohlrabi; mushrooms; nutrient content; onions; potatoes; satiety; turnips; vegetable consumption; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... The objective of this review is to discuss the effect of white vegetable consumption on glycemia, satiety, and food intake. White vegetables is a term used to refer to vegetables that are white or near white in color and include potatoes, cauliflowers, turnips, onions, parsnips, white corn, kohlrabi, and mushrooms (technically fungi but generally considered a vegetable). They vary greatly in their ...
- Weaver, Connie; Marr, Elizabeth T.
- Advances in nutrition 2013 v.4 no.3 pp. 318S-326S
- parsnips, etc ; Dietary Guidelines; MyPlate; adults; bioavailability; cauliflower; children; corn; eating habits; experts; fruits; health information; health promotion; kohlrabi; magnesium; mushrooms; nutrient intake; nutrients; nutritional adequacy; onions; potassium; potatoes; researchers; turnips; vegetable consumption; Illinois; Show all 26 Subjects
- ... Purdue University convened a scientific roundtable, “White Vegetables: A Forgotten Source of Nutrients,” in Chicago, IL, June 18–19, 2012, to bring together experts to address the contributions of white vegetables, including potatoes, as sources of key nutrients and other microconstituents within a dietary pattern supporting health and wellness. This paper summarizes the meeting and supplement pap ...