Jump to Main Content
- Sun, Wenyue; Durlofsky, Louis J.
- Advances in water resources 2019 v.123 pp. 234-255
- Bayesian theory; aquifers; carbon dioxide; carbon sequestration; geostatistics; models; monitoring; permeability; porosity; prediction; statistical analysis; uncertainty; variance; wells
- ... A data-space inversion (DSI) method is developed and applied to quantify uncertainty in the location of CO2 plumes in the top layer of a storage aquifer. In the DSI procedure, posterior predictions of the CO2 saturation distribution are generated using simulation results for prior geostatistical model realizations along with observed data, which in this case derive from observations at monitoring ...
- Femeena, P.V.; Chaubey, I.; Aubeneau, A.; McMillan, S.; Wagner, P.D.; Fohrer, N.
- Advances in water resources 2019 v.123 pp. 201-209
- dispersibility; equations; meta-analysis; models; monitoring; prediction; regression analysis; solutes; streams; tracer techniques; watersheds; Germany; United States
- ... Transient storage models in combination with tracer tests are widely used to study solute transport dynamics in streams. Storage parameters included in such models are typically calibrated for one or more study reaches by monitoring solute concentrations and fitting breakthrough curve data. Since stream characteristics vary spatially and temporally, it is challenging to generalize these calibrated ...