Jump to Main Content
- Heritage, George; Entwistle, Neil; Milan, David; Tooth, Stephen
- Advances in water resources 2019 v.123 pp. 145-159
- arid lands; bedrock; floods; hydrologic models; national parks; plant communities; rivers; sediments; watersheds; South Africa
- ... In many drylands worldwide, rivers are subjected to episodic, extreme flood events and associated sediment stripping. These events may trigger transformations from mixed bedrock-alluvial channels characterised by high geomorphic and ecological diversity towards more dominantly bedrock channels with lower diversity. To date, hydrological and hydraulic data has tended to be limited for these bedrock ...
- Rahman, M.; Rosolem, R.; Kollet, S.J.; Wagener, T.
- Advances in water resources 2019 v.123 pp. 225-233
- base flow; groundwater; groundwater flow; groundwater recharge; hydrologic cycle; hydrologic models; model validation; rivers; runoff; saturated flow; soil water; watersheds
- ... Shallow groundwater is a critical component of the terrestrial water cycle. It sustains baseflow in rivers, supplies root zones with soil moisture during dry periods, and directly influences the land-atmosphere exchange processes. Nonetheless, the integration of groundwater into large-scale hydrological models remains challenging. The most detailed way of representing groundwater dynamics is to in ...