Jump to Main Content
- Sun, Wenyue; Durlofsky, Louis J.
- Advances in water resources 2019 v.123 pp. 234-255
- Bayesian theory; aquifers; carbon dioxide; carbon sequestration; geostatistics; models; monitoring; permeability; porosity; prediction; statistical analysis; uncertainty; variance; wells
- ... A data-space inversion (DSI) method is developed and applied to quantify uncertainty in the location of CO2 plumes in the top layer of a storage aquifer. In the DSI procedure, posterior predictions of the CO2 saturation distribution are generated using simulation results for prior geostatistical model realizations along with observed data, which in this case derive from observations at monitoring ...
- Kang, Peter K.; Bresciani, Etienne; An, Seongnam; Lee, Seunghak
- Advances in water resources 2019 v.123 pp. 1-11
- aquifers; biodegradation; dissolved organic carbon; mathematical models; mixing; prediction; sediments; space and time; uncertainty; South Korea
- ... Biogeochemical reactions take place when reactants are present at the same location and time, which occurs through pore-scale mixing. Although the degree of mixing should be variable in space and time, most conventional reactive transport models do not consider mixing-dependent reaction rates and often make predictions based on rates measured with batch experiments. We quantify the effect of pore- ...