Jump to Main Content
- Zahasky, Christopher; Kurotori, Takeshi; Pini, Ronny; Benson, Sally M.
- Advances in water resources 2019 v.127 pp. 39-52
- energy resources, etc ; computed tomography; engineering; image analysis; laboratory experimentation; neoplasms; positron-emission tomography; radioactivity; solutes; water resources; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... Recent studies have demonstrated that positron emission tomography (PET) is a valuable tool for in-situ characterization of fluid transport in porous and fractured geologic media at the laboratory scale. While PET imaging is routinely used for clinical cancer diagnosis and preclinical medical research—and therefore imaging facilities are available at most research institutes—widespread adoption fo ...
- Cabello, Violeta; Renner, Ansel; Giampietro, Mario
- Advances in water resources 2019 v.130 pp. 258-269
- energy resources, etc ; arid lands; crop production; descriptive studies; diagnostic techniques; groundwater; intensive cropping; landscapes; markets; public policy; taxonomy; water management; water resources; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... While a large number of descriptive studies have delineated the interlinkages between water, food and energy resources in the last decade, there is still need for systematic conceptualization of resource nexus interconnections. This paper proposes a theory of relational analysis of the nexus based on the analytical concept of nexus networks. A taxonomy of nexus interconnections, detailing sequenti ...