Jump to Main Content
- Pedersen, Janne; Jettestuen, Espen; Madland, Merete V.; Hildebrand-Habel, Tania; Korsnes, Reidar I.; Vinningland, Jan Ludvig; Hiorth, Aksel
- Advances in water resources 2016 v.87 pp. 68-79
- calcite; chalk; crystals; equations; floods; magnesite; magnesium chloride; models; surface area; water resources
- ... In this paper, we propose a model for evolution of reactive surface area of minerals due to surface coverage by precipitating minerals. The model is used to interpret results from an experiment where a chalk core was flooded with MgCl2 for 1072 days, giving rise to calcite dissolution and magnesite precipitation. The model successfully describes both the long-term behavior of the measured effluent ...
- Juez, C.; Ferrer-Boix, C.; Murillo, J.; Hassan, M.A.; García-Navarro, P.
- Advances in water resources 2016 v.87 pp. 1-18
- equations; models; particle size; sediments; stream channels
- ... In order to study the morphological evolution of river beds composed of heterogeneous material, the interaction among the different grain sizes must be taken into account. In this paper, these equations are combined with the two-dimensional shallow water equations to describe the flow field. The resulting system of equations can be solved in two ways: (i) in a coupled way, solving flow and sedimen ...