Jump to Main Content
- Marani, Marco; Ignaccolo, Massimiliano
- Advances in water resources 2015 v.79 pp. 121-126
- Monte Carlo method; Weibull statistics; climate; rain; time series analysis; water resources; Italy
- ... The traditional statistical theory of extreme events assumes an asymptotic regime in which the number of events per year is large enough for a limiting Generalized Extreme Value distribution to apply. This has been shown not to be applicable to many practical cases. We introduce here a Metastatistical Extreme Value (MEV) approach which is defined in terms of the distribution of the statistical par ...
- Geistlinger, Helmut; Mohammadian, Sadjad
- Advances in water resources 2015 v.79 pp. 35-50
- Monte Carlo method; X-radiation; gases; glass; imbibition; mathematical theory; porosity; prediction; surface area; tomography; trapping; water resources
- ... To understand capillary trapping mechanism, we conduct a real Monte-Carlo experiment by using packed glass beads with nearly the same pore size distribution, but different stochastic realizations. We study gas phase trapping during imbibition for capillary numbers from 2×10−7 to 10−6 using X-ray micro tomography and compare the experimental results with predictions from percolation theory. We foun ...