Jump to Main Content
- Neupane, Prapti; Dawson, Clint
- Advances in water resources 2015 v.79 pp. 61-79
- equations; models; physics; water resources
- ... Flow in a network of numerous channels is a complex phenomenon that cannot be adequately modeled by 1-D models. Despite this, it is a common practice to model flow in each channel with the 1-D St. Venant equations. These channels are coupled with each other by prescribing some interior boundary conditions, which are either too simplistic to reproduce the physics accurately or are computationally e ...
- Zeng, Ruijie; Cai, Ximing
- Advances in water resources 2015 v.79 pp. 51-60
- basins; evapotranspiration; humans; analysis of variance; equations; variance; water resources; soil; groundwater; climate change; watersheds; covariance; vegetation; climate
- ... Understanding the temporal variance of evapotranspiration (ET) at the catchment scale remains a challenging task, because ET variance results from the complex interactions among climate, soil, vegetation, groundwater and human activities. This study extends the framework for ET variance analysis of Koster and Suarez (1999) by incorporating the water balance and the Budyko hypothesis. ET variance i ...