Jump to Main Content
- Thomas, David S.G.; Bailey, Richard M.
- Aeolian research 2019 v.39 pp. 33-46
- Holocene epoch; arid lands; databases; models; Asia
- ... Asia possesses many extensive desert dune systems within the northern hemisphere subtropical belt and more northerly continental drylands. Collectively these may preserve important sedimentary records of dune system responses to climatic and environmental changes in the Quaternary period. We use the Accumulation Intensity (AI) methodology, which quantifies dune accumulation using luminescence-date ...
- Jeanneau, Amelie C.; Ostendorf, Bertram; Herrmann, Tim
- Aeolian research 2019 v.39 pp. 13-22
- agricultural land; annuals; arid lands; dust; grazing; landscapes; plant communities; rangelands; risk; samplers; sediment transport; sediments; statistical analysis; stubble; wheat; wildfires; wind erosion; wind tunnels
- ... Fires can considerably increase wind erosion risk in dryland agricultural regions. While wind erosion post-fire has been extensively studied in rangeland and grazing landscapes, limited work has considered post-fire erosion on annual plant communities and annual crops. Here we evaluated the relative spatial differences in patterns of sediment transport between burnt and unburnt crop stubble sites. ...