Jump to Main Content
- Hesp, Patrick A., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Aeolian research 2019
- air flow; anemometers; flight; models; orthophotography; resorts; topography; tourists; vegetation; wind speed; Canary Islands
- ... Structures and infrastructures can modify aeolian sedimentary dynamics as has occurred in the arid transgressive dunefield of Maspalomas (Gran Canaria, Canary Islands), where an aeolian shadow zone has been formed leeward of a tourist resort (Playa del Inglés). The aim of this paper is to analyse spatial and statistically the influences of vegetation and topography on wind flow across this shadow ...
- Hesp, Patrick A., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Aeolian research 2012 v.3 no.4 pp. 389-399
- anemometers; dunes; sediment transport; sediments; wind; Prince Edward Island
- ... This paper examines the æolian dynamics of a deep bowl blowout within the foredune of the Greenwich Dunes, on the northeastern shore or Prince Edward Island, Canada. Masts of cup anemometers and sonic anemometers were utilized to measure flow velocities and directions during a strong regional ESE (offshore) wind event. The flow across the blowout immediately separated at the upwind rim crest, and ...