Jump to Main Content
- Merabti, B.; Lebouz, I.; Adamou, A.E.; Kouidri, M.; Ouakid, M.L.
- African entomology 2017 v.25 no.2 pp. 506-514
- Culiseta, etc ; Aedes caspius; Anopheles sergentii; Culex pipiens; biogeography; breeding sites; flora; immatures; inventories; vector control; vegetation; Algeria; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... This study aimed to characterise mosquito species distribution based on the nature and type of breeding habitats and the influence of the vegetation that occupies these sites. Knowledge of variation in breeding site types can help in the design of optimal vector control strategies. In different areas of Biskra (southeast Algeria), mosquito immature stages were collected using standard dippers. Twe ...
- Dris, D.; Tine-Djebbar, F.; Soltani, N.
- African entomology 2017 v.25 no.2 pp. 387-394
- Culiseta, etc ; Culex pipiens; Lavandula dentata; World Health Organization; bioassays; camphor; chemical analysis; essential oils; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; hydrodistillation; insecticides; instars; larvae; larvicides; leaves; lethal concentration 50; lipid content; protocols; Algeria; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... The current study was undertaken in order to determine the chemical composition of the leaf essential oils of Lavandula dentata L. (Lamiaceae) cultivated in Tebessa (Algeria) and to evaluate its potential larvicidal activity against fourth instar larvae of Culiseta longiareolata Macquart and Culex pipiens L. (Diptera: Culicidae). The essential oil content of L. dentata leaves obtained by hydrodist ...