Jump to Main Content
- Hausser, Yves; Tagand, Romain; Vimercati, Eric; Mermod, Sandy; Fischer, Claude
- African journal of ecology 2017 v.55 no.1 pp. 1-11
- Tanzania, etc ; biodiversity; biodiversity conservation; camera trapping; conservation areas; data collection; developing countries; forest reserves; mammals; surveys; walking; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... The ability of low‐status protected areas under community management to achieve a conservation objective is frequently questioned, particularly in developing countries. The lack of sound, scientific‐based biodiversity monitoring frequently undermines attempts to evaluate the extent to which these areas are contributing to biodiversity conservation. Based on data collected between 2008 and 2010 in ...
- Martin, Emanuel H.; Ndibalema, Vedasto G.; Rovero, Francesco
- African journal of ecology 2017 v.55 no.1 pp. 37-46
- Tanzania, etc ; Potamochoerus larvatus; camera trapping; case studies; extinction; mammals; models; mountains; probability; rain; rain forests; seasonal variation; surveys; tropical forests; wet season; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... The increasing use of camera trapping coupled to occupancy analysis to study terrestrial mammals has opened the way to inferential studies that besides estimating the probability of presence explicitly consider detectability. This in turn allows considering factors that can potentially confound the estimation of occupancy and detection probability, including seasonal variations in rainfall. To add ...