Jump to Main Content
- Mensah, Sylvanus; Assogbadjo, Achille Ephrem; Salako, Valère Kolawole; Ago, Expédit Evariste; Glèlè Kakaï, Romain
- African journal of ecology 2016 v.54 no.1 pp. 87-94
- inventories; linear models; analysis of variance; trees; woodlands; stand basal area; forests; Benin
- ... The study examined simultaneously, the effect of tree spatial distribution, inventory plot size and shape on the estimation error of basal area in two contrasting environments. Twenty and fifteen square plots of 1 ha each (divided into 100 quadrats of 0.01 ha) were randomly set in dense forest and woodland, respectively. Thirteen subplots of various shapes and sizes were obtained from the associat ...
- Salako, Valère K.; Azihou, Akomian F.; Assogbadjo, Achille E.; Houéhanou, Thierry D.; Kassa, Barthélémy D.; Glèlè Kakaï, Romain L.
- African journal of ecology 2016 v.54 no.1 pp. 9-19
- Borassus; adults; analysis of variance; food choices; foraging; landscapes; national parks; pollination; saplings; spatial data; Benin
- ... Spatial patterns (SP) of treefall by elephants is known to be clustered across landscapes as a result of food selection and group foraging. Yet, few studies have explicitly elucidated how elephant pressure (EP) alters SP and tree‐to‐tree distance of tree species especially for dioecious plant species, at stand scale. Using the pair‐correlation function and distance to the nearest neighbour on spat ...