Jump to Main Content
- DE VILLIERS, P.A.; KOK, O.B.
- African journal of ecology 1997 v.35 no.3 pp. 224-236
- Loxodonta africana; avoidance behavior; conservation areas; dry season; females; males; national parks; radio telemetry; South Africa
- ... Home range and association patterns of elephants Loxodonta africana in private nature reserves adjacent to the Kruger National Park, South Africa, were determined over a period of six years by using radio telemetry. The minimum convex polygon (MCP) and harmonic mean (HM) methods were used for data processing. The minimum and maximum range areas required by females were estimated at 115 and 465 km² ...
- KAHURANANGA, JAMES; SILKILUWASHA, FRANK
- African journal of ecology 1997 v.35 no.3 pp. 179-185
- dry season; migratory behavior; national parks; wet season; wildebeest; wildlife; wildlife management; zebras; Tanzania
- ... In 1972, four aerial censuses were carried out to assess the annual migration of zebra and wildebeest between Tarangire National Park and Simanjiro Plains. About 6000 zebra and 10,000 wildebeest were in the Plains in the middle of the rainy season, in April. During the dry season in August the animals were concentrated in the Park. The migration from the Park to the Plains started at beginning of ...