Jump to Main Content
- Nyakoojo, Clement
- African journal of ecology 2010 v.48 no.4 pp. 1039-1044
- Synedra, etc ; Cyanobacteria; biodiversity; flora; health hazards; humans; lakes; limnology; macrophytes; phytoplankton; primary productivity; surface water; Uganda; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Lake Bukoni is one of the crater lakes in western Uganda. Investigations into this lake is limited compared to other African lakes. Data on phytoplankton ecology in the lake are lacking. Phytoplankton consists of a community of photosynthetic, microscopic plants adapted to suspension in water. They constitute ‘hidden flora' which make an important contribution to the primary productivity of a wate ...
- Nyakoojo, Clement; Byarujali, Stephen M.
- African journal of ecology 2009 v.47 no.4 pp. 658-663
- Synedra ulna, etc ; fish kills; hydrogen sulfide; lakes; littoral zone; nutrients; oxygen; silicon; smell; temperature; topography; turbulent flow; wind speed; Uganda; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Temperature, oxygen and nutrients were determined in the permanently stratified Lake Bukoni from July 2004 to December 2005. Meromixis has resulted from the nature of the surrounding hilly topography and the almost vertical crater walls that exclude the effects of light winds. These circumstances and the tropical temperature regime ensure permanent stratification in the offshore part of the lake. ...