Jump to Main Content
- Ravhuhali, Khuliso E; Mlambo, Victor; Beyene, Tefera S; Palamuleni, Lobina G
- African journal of range & forage science 2019 v.36 no.1 pp. 67-70
- Cymbopogon pospischilii; Eragrostis; Urochloa mosambicensis; acid insoluble lignin; crude protein; ecosystems; genetic variation; grasses; growth habit; indigenous species; leaf width; leaves; maturity stage; nutritive value; rangeland restoration; rangelands; rumen fermentation; tillers; South Africa
- ... The comparative growth habits and nutritive value of native grass species of South Africa are largely unknown despite the utility of this information in rangeland restoration efforts. This article presents a comparative characterisation of the morphology, chemical composition and in vitro ruminal fermentation of Urochloa mosambicensis, Cymbopogon pospischilii, Eragrostis superba, Fingerhuthia afri ...
- Batista, Karina; Gerdes, Luciana; Giacomini, Alessandra Aparecida; de Mattos, Waldssimiler Teixeira; Otsuk, Ivani Pozar
- African journal of range & forage science 2019 v.36 no.1 pp. 41-48
- Macrotyloma; Ultisols; application rate; calcium; greenhouses; leaves; legumes; magnesium; mineral content; nitrogen; nitrogen content; phosphorus; potassium; shoots; sowing; Brazil
- ... The response of legumes to the supply of either phosphorus (P) or calcium (Ca) alone has been extensively investigated but no prior studies have evaluated their combinations in the perennial legume Macrotyloma axillare (Macrotyloma legume). This study assessed the mineral composition of Macrotyloma legume in response to the combined application of P and Ca in an Ultisol. The experiment was conduct ...