Jump to Main Content
- Zikhali, P.; Chilonda, P.
- Agrekon 2012 v.51 no.4 pp. 144-166
- food security, etc ; farmers; land reform; Zimbabwe; Show all 4 Subjects
- ... In the year 2000 the government of Zimbabwe launched the Fast Track Land Reform Programme (FTLRP) as part of its on-going land reform and resettlement programme. The main premise of the programme is to address the racially skewed land distribution pattern inherited at independence in 1980. While the programme has been accompanied by an overall reduction in agricultural production which has created ...
- Akinola, A.A.; Sofoluwe, N.A.
- Agrekon 2012 v.51 no.2 pp. 75-92
- food security, etc ; credit; farmers; innovation adoption; issues and policy; models; mulching; soil conservation; soil erosion; soil fertility; sustainable agriculture; yams; Nigeria; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Soil erosion and nutrient depletion present a threat to the food security and sustainability of agricultural production in sub-Saharan Africa (SSA). However, limited rigorous empirical work on the economics of soil conservation exists. This study examines the factors affecting the adoption of mulching technology and its attendant impact on yam output supply and net returns among sampled yam farmer ...