Jump to Main Content
- Mishra, Ashok K.; Shaik, Saleem; Khanal, Aditya R.; Bairagi, Subir
- Agribusiness 2018 v.34 no.2 pp. 426-440
- high-yielding varieties, etc ; crops; developing countries; empirical models; farm tenancy; ginger; human capital; imperfect competition; markets; paddies; Nepal; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Contract farming (CF), an institutional innovation, can reduce transaction costs and solve market imperfections in many developing countries. This study compares productivity and technical efficiency (TE) of contract and independent producers of high yielding variety (HYV) paddy seed (a low‐value crop) and ginger (a high‐value crop) producers in a sample of smallholders in Nepal. We address the se ...
- Mottaleb, Khondoker A.; Rahut, Dil Bahadur
- Agribusiness 2018 v.34 no.3 pp. 668-684
- high-yielding varieties, etc ; Eragrostis tef; World Bank; cultivators; econometrics; flour; gluten-free foods; head; households; labor; mineral content; supply chain; Ethiopia; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Teff (Eragrostis tef) is a major staple grain of Ethiopia, where the crop was domesticated from 4000 to 1000 BC. The high food‐value Teff flour is basically used for preparing injera—a spongy pancake, the major component of the Ethiopian national dish. Due to its gluten‐free quality and high mineral content, the popularity of TeffTeff has been increasing in the western world. Very little is known, ...