Jump to Main Content
- Batia-Strynkowska, Marta; Wesołowski, Andrzej; Kaliniewicz, Zdzisław
- Agricultural Engineering 2018 v.22 no.4 pp. 5-13
- baking; breads; chewiness; dough; mechanical properties; organic foods; sonication
- ... The aim of this study was to determine the effect of ultrasound waves on mechanical properties of organic bread. Mixed grain bread baked at a local bakery according to its original recipe was the material subjected to testing. Prior to baking, the dough was sonicated at frequencies of 20 kHz and 40 kHz for 3 minutes, and at a frequency of 100 kHz for 3 minutes and 6 minutes. The mechanical propert ...
- Kuboń, Maciej
- Agricultural Engineering 2018 v.22 no.4 pp. 25-32
- Brassica; Cucurbita; Solanaceae; energy; farms; humans; labor; onions; organic foods; Poland
- ... The objective of the paper is to determine the size of human and objectified labour in selected specialist vegetable farms. The paper covered studies carried out in the area of southern Poland in 50 organic vegetable farms. Based on the detailed studies, the size and structure of work, and energy inputs used in the production process were determined. The highest inputs of labour per a unit of the ...