Jump to Main Content
- Konopacki, Paweł J.; Warabieda, Wojciech
- Agricultural Engineering 2018 v.22 no.4 pp. 15-24
- Malus domestica; Panonychus ulmi; Tetranychus urticae; adults; apples; computer software; digital images; females; image analysis; leaves; mites; orchards; prediction; probability
- ... The methods currently used to assess orchard infestation are time-consuming and do not take into account non-adult forms of mites, due to their small size. Advance in digital imaging technology, however, has resulted in the discovery of a more viable method to enable a fast and reliable assessment of orchard infestation. Digital images of infected apple leaves were made and examined for the presen ...
- Nowakowski, Tomasz; Nowakowski, Maciej
- Agricultural Engineering 2018 v.22 no.1 pp. 95-103
- Malus domestica; Prunus; Pyrus communis; apples; chainsaws; cherries; cultivars; cutting; fractal dimensions; fruit trees; fruits; horticulture; pears; plums; pruning; pruning shears
- ... Changes in horticulture induce fruit producers to introduce more efficient tree pruning systems. The increase of efficiency is related to application of various cutting devices, the effect of which on cultivated fruit trees has not been completely recognized yet. Therefore, the objective of the paper was to compare and assess the fruit tree sprouts cut with various types of cutting units. Four cut ...