Jump to Main Content
- Myles, LaToya, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Agricultural and forest meteorology 2019 v.269-270 pp. 78-87
- Zea mays; ammonia; dynamic models; emissions; environmental factors; fertilizer application; particulates; soil temperature; urea fertilizers; urease inhibitors; volatilization; Illinois
- ... Agriculture is the main source of ammonia (NH3) emissions in the atmosphere. NH3 is precursor to secondary fine particulate matter, which is of concern for its impacts on health and visibility. There are a limited number of field measurements of NH3 emissions from fertilizer application in the US, and this limits our understanding of the importance of individual NH3 source and sink processes in co ...
- Myles, LaToya, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Agricultural and forest meteorology 2019 v.264 pp. 104-113
- agroecosystems; air quality; ammonia; canopy; corn; emissions; models; nitrogen cycle; soil temperature; urease inhibitors; Illinois
- ... Studies of NH3 flux over agricultural ecosystems in the USA are limited by low temporal resolution (typically hours or days) and sparse spatial coverage, with no studies over corn in the Midwest USA. We report on NH3 flux measurements over a corn canopy in Central Illinois, USA, using the relaxed eddy accumulation (REA) and flux gradient (FG) methods, providing measurements at 4 h and 0.5 h interv ...