Jump to Main Content
- Rahimi-Moghaddam, Sajjad; Kambouzia, Jafar; Deihimfard, Reza
- Agricultural and forest meteorology 2018 v.253-254 pp. 1-14
- agroecosystems; climate change; climate models; climatic factors; corn; crop models; cultivars; farmers; flowering; grain yield; interdisciplinary research; production technology; risk; sowing date; summer; temperature; winter; Iran
- ... Rise in temperature, particularly in warmer areas, could have a negative effect on maize productivity. However, careful management practices could reduce the effects of high temperatures by altering the sowing dates and type of cultivar. The current study applied APSIM (The Agricultural Production Systems sIMulator) crop model to investigate the interaction of sowing date and cultivar when dealing ...
- Mathieu, Jordane A.; Aires, Filipe
- Agricultural and forest meteorology 2018 v.253-254 pp. 15-30
- coasts; corn; crop yield; meteorological data; monitoring; prediction; statistical models; temperature; yield forecasting; Virginia
- ... Weather has a major impact on agriculture. Statistical models have been used to estimate or forecast crop yield from weather information. In this paper, a general statistical framework is developed in order to rank and quantify the information content of weather information. The methodology is tested over the US, for corn yield. The weather sensitivity of different corn production areas is first a ...