Jump to Main Content
- Ponocná, Tereza; Chuman, Tomáš; Rydval, Miloš; Urban, Grzegorz; Migaɬa, Krzysztof; Treml, Václav
- Agricultural and forest meteorology 2018 v.253-254 pp. 62-70
- Picea abies; climate change; cold zones; growing season; growth rings; land use change; pollution load; summer; temperature; tree growth; treeline; Czech Republic; Poland; Slovakia
- ... While some cold regions show evidence of recent decoupling of tree-ring growth from observed temperature rise, i.e. restricted growth increase, similar evidence from other regions is missing. Increasing or diminishing regional coherency in tree growth has also been observed over recent decades. The temporal and spatial extent of the abovementioned processes are poorly known and their drivers are n ...
- Holopainen, Jari; Helama, Samuli; Väre, Henry
- Agricultural and forest meteorology 2018 v.253-254 pp. 141-150
- Betula; autumn; barley; climate change; data collection; growing season; latitude; leaves; oats; paleoclimatology; phenology; rye; sowing; spring; summer; temperature; Finland
- ... Long records of phenological observations are commonly used as data in global change and palaeoclimate research and to analyse plants' responses to climatic changes. Here we delve into the historical archives of plant phenological observations (1750–1875) compiled and published previously by Professor Adolf Moberg (Imperial Alexander University of Finland). The digitized dataset represents 44,487 ...