Jump to Main Content
- Holopainen, Jari; Helama, Samuli; Väre, Henry
- Agricultural and forest meteorology 2018 v.253-254 pp. 141-150
- Betula; autumn; barley; climate change; data collection; growing season; latitude; leaves; oats; paleoclimatology; phenology; rye; sowing; spring; summer; temperature; Finland
- ... Long records of phenological observations are commonly used as data in global change and palaeoclimate research and to analyse plants' responses to climatic changes. Here we delve into the historical archives of plant phenological observations (1750–1875) compiled and published previously by Professor Adolf Moberg (Imperial Alexander University of Finland). The digitized dataset represents 44,487 ...
- Sanchez, Adriana; Rey-Sánchez, A. Camilo; Posada, Juan M.; Smith, William K.
- Agricultural and forest meteorology 2018 v.253-254 pp. 38-47
- Chusquea; air; alpine plants; canopy; carbon; climate change; dry season; ecosystems; energy balance; equations; gas exchange; leaves; models; photosynthesis; solar radiation; structural equation modeling; temperature; Andes region; Colombia
- ... In models of photosynthetic gas exchange, leaf temperature (Tₗₑₐf) is often calculated using a combination of derivations of the energy balance equation and measurements of air temperature (Tₐᵢᵣ). Yet, there are frequently large differences between Tₗₑₐf and Tₐᵢᵣ under natural field conditions, and an energy balance is complicated in complex canopies, especially in tropical ecosystems. In the pres ...