Jump to Main Content
- Xiao, Jingfeng; Davis, Kenneth J.; Urban, Nathan M.; Keller, Klaus
- Agricultural and forest meteorology 2014 v.189-190 pp. 175-186
- Markov chain; algorithms; carbon; climate; decision making; ecosystems; eddy covariance; model uncertainty; models; net ecosystem exchange; parameter uncertainty; probability distribution; vegetation types; Michigan; Wisconsin
- ... Models have been widely used to estimate carbon fluxes at regional scales, and the uncertainty of modeled fluxes, however, has rarely been quantified and remains a challenge. A quantitative uncertainty assessment of regional flux estimates is essential for better understanding of terrestrial carbon dynamics and informing carbon and climate decision-making. We use a simple ecosystem model, eddy cov ...
- Bauweraerts, Ingvar; Ameye, Maarten; Wertin, Timothy M.; McGuire, Mary Anne; Teskey, Robert O.; Steppe, Kathy
- Agricultural and forest meteorology 2014 v.189-190 pp. 19-29
- Pinus taeda; Quercus rubra; adverse effects; biomass production; carbon dioxide; drought; field capacity; global warming; heat; heat sums; seedlings; soil water; soil water content; soil water potential; temperature; tree growth; trees; water treatment
- ... The frequency and intensity of heat waves are predicted to increase as a consequence of climate warming, yet no experimental evidence exists for the potential magnitude of these effects. Therefore, we investigated whether consecutive heat waves of different severities would have the same impact on tree growth as a constant increase in temperature with equivalent heat sum and considered (CO2) and a ...