Jump to Main Content
- Chen, B.; Arain, M.A.; Khomik, M.; Trofymow, J.A.; Grant, R.F.; Kurz, W.A.; Yeluripati, J.; Wang, Z.
- Agricultural and forest meteorology 2013 v.180 pp. 265-280
- atmospheric precipitation, etc ; El Nino; La Nina; air temperature; atmosphere; carbon; carbon dioxide; carbon sequestration; carbon sinks; climate; climate change; coniferous forests; ecosystem respiration; eddy covariance; forest inventory; forest management; growing season; harvesting; meteorological data; models; net ecosystem production; nitrogen; primary productivity; Pacific States; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... Landscape-level understanding of forest carbon (C) dynamics is required to quantify the net contribution of forest biomes to the global C cycle and to help forest managers to understand the impacts of forest management activities on the C sequestration in forests. In this study, the effects of interannual climate variability, carbon dioxide (CO2) fertilization, and disturbance regimes on the C dyn ...
- Zha, T.S.; Barr, A.G.; Bernier, P.-Y.; Lavigne, M.B.; Trofymow, J.A.; Amiro, B.D.; Arain, M.A.; Bhatti, J.S.; Black, T.A.; Margolis, H.A.; McCaughey, J.H.; Xing, Z.S.; Van Rees, K.C.J.; Coursolle, C.
- Agricultural and forest meteorology 2013 v.174-175 pp. 54-64
- atmospheric precipitation, etc ; Pinus banksiana; age structure; air temperature; biometry; boreal forests; carbon; correlation; eddy covariance; forest ecosystems; forest stands; leaf area index; mineral soils; models; nitrogen content; photosynthesis; photosynthetically active radiation; plant tissues; plantations; primary productivity; species differences; temperate forests; timber production; Canada; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... Simultaneous biometric measurements of aboveground net primary production (ANPP) and eddy-covariance measurements of gross primary production (GPP) were made at 18 forest stands with 80 site-years of data across Canada – to assess the fraction of photosynthesis that is used to produce plant tissues and the consistency of carbon allocation patterns across forest ecosystems. The stands included bore ...