Jump to Main Content
- Pinter, P.J. Jr.; Kimball, B.A.; Wall, G.W.; LaMorte, R.L.; Hunsaker, D.J.; Adamsen, F.J.; Frumau, K.F.A.; Vugts, H.F.; Hendrey, G.R.; Lewin, K.F.; Johnson, H.B.
- Agricultural and forest meteorology 2000 v.103 no.4 pp. 319
- Triticum aestivum; canopy; microclimate; plant development; field experimentation; blowers; wind; leaves; air temperature; temperature; dew; senescence; night temperature; stomatal conductance; transpiration; carbon dioxide; Arizona
- ... Free-air carbon dioxide enrichment (FACE) provides a realistic, cost-effective method for evaluating the effects of supra-ambient CO2 concentrations on growth, development, yield, and water use of agricultural crops and natural ecosystems with very few of the problems normally associated with glasshouse or chamber type research. There are no walls interfering with incident radiation and no artific ...
- Todd, R.W.; Evett, S.R.; Howell, T.A.
- Agricultural and forest meteorology 2000 v.103 no.4 pp. 335
- Medicago sativa; irrigation; energy balance; estimation; air temperature; relative humidity; solar radiation; soil temperature; meteorological data; height; measurement; semiarid zones; Texas
The Bowen ratio-energy balance (BREB) is a micrometeorological method often used to estimate latent heat flux because of its simplicity, robustness, and cost. Estimates of latent heat flux have compared favorably with other methods in several studies, but other studies have been less certain, especially when there was sensible heat advection. We compared the latent heat flux of irrigated alfalfa ...