Jump to Main Content
- Hirano, Takashi, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Agricultural and forest meteorology 2018 v.256-257 pp. 353-361
- carbon sinks; ecosystems; eddy covariance; forests; greenhouse gas emissions; high water table; latitude; methane; methane production; peat; peat soils; peatlands; soil carbon; soil water; standard deviation; stems; swamps; trees; Borneo; Malaysia
- ... Tropical peat swamp forest is a unique ecosystem, in which both swamp forest and peat soil have coexisted over millennia and accumulated a significant amount of soil carbon as peat. Owing to the huge soil carbon stock and high groundwater level (GWL), tropical peatlands potentially represent a significant source of methane (CH4) to the atmosphere. However, a few studies of CH4 flux by the soil cha ...
- Hirano, Takashi, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Agricultural and forest meteorology 2016 v.220 pp. 90-100
- Sphagnum; eddy covariance; evapotranspiration; normal values; Sasa; air temperature; ecological succession; leaf area index; peatlands; growing season; summer; vascular plants; drainage; bamboos; Japan
- ... Plant succession triggered by drainage, which results in the expansion or invasion of vascular plants, has been reported from many peatlands. However, the effects of the vascular plant's expansion on evapotranspiration (ET), which is a key component of the water balance of ombrotophic bog, are still contradictory. To investigate the effects, ET was measured at a Sphagnum-dominated bog and an adjac ...