Jump to Main Content
- Allen, Richard G., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Agricultural and forest meteorology 2018 v.248 pp. 22-47
- Artemisia; Bromus tectorum; Pinus contorta var. latifolia; ecosystems; eddy covariance; energy balance; energy flow; evapotranspiration; heat transfer; leaf area index; models; runoff; semiarid zones; soil water; stomatal conductance; turbulent flow; water budget; wind; Idaho; Snake River
- ... A comprehensive seasonal and interannual energy partition and flux analyses were conducted to differentiate three ecosystems including sagebrush, cheatgrass, and lodgepole pine in the Snake River Plain of Idaho. The study used 3 years of eddy covariance (EC) and large aperture scintillometer (LAS) flux measurements to evaluate the bio-physical processes that control the surface energy partitioning ...
- Allen, Richard G., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Agricultural and forest meteorology 2009 v.149 no.12 pp. 2082
- soil-plant-atmosphere interactions; surface temperature; energy balance; evapotranspiration; canopy; vegetation cover; leaf area index; estimation; remote sensing; models; heat transfer; spatial data; equations; Zea mays; corn; Glycine max; soybeans; simulation models; mathematical models; algorithms; accuracy; spatial variation; soil temperature; satellites; image analysis; Iowa
- ... Reliable estimation of the surface energy balance from local to regional scales is crucial for many applications including weather forecasting, hydrologic modeling, irrigation scheduling, water resource management, and climate change research. Numerous models have been developed using remote sensing, which permits spatially distributed mapping of the surface energy balance over large areas. This s ...