Jump to Main Content
- Huffman, Wallace E.; Jin, Yu; Xu, Zheng
- Agricultural economics 2018 v.49 no.4 pp. 463-479
- Zea mays; adverse effects; climate change; corn; crop yield; economic impact; farmers; fertilizer application; heat; nitrogen; nitrogen fertilizers; pests; seeds; soil water; weather; United States
- ... Over the past century, U.S. farmers have been offered a steady stream of new agricultural technologies, and more recently, experienced climate change. Because these two events have been occurring simultaneously, identifying their separate effects is difficult, and misimputation is easy. This article explicitly examines the economics of technical change and the interaction between weather and techn ...
- Zhou, Minyu; Sheldon, Ian; Eum, Jihyun
- Agricultural economics 2018 v.49 no.4 pp. 423-434
- World Trade Organization; econometrics; equations; exports; field crops; imports; income; intellectual property rights; new variety; seeds; technology transfer; United States
- ... A panel of 134 countries over the period 1985–2010 is used to evaluate the effect of intellectual property rights (IPRs) on field crop seed imports from the United States. Based on estimating a gravity equation using the Heckman selection and Poisson fixed‐effects panel econometric methods, the results indicate that membership of countries in both the International Union for the Protection of New ...