Jump to Main Content
- Bühler, Dorothee; Hartje, Rebecca; Grote, Ulrike
- Agricultural economics 2018 v.49 no.4 pp. 481-495
- children; data collection; food security; growth retardation; households; malnutrition; nutritional status; underweight; Cambodia; Laos
- ... This article aims to understand the relation between household food security and individual undernutrition. The multitude of indicators available raises the question which aspects of food security are captured by the respective indicator. In our analysis, we first assess the relation between the dimensions of food security and households’ socioeconomic characteristics. Second, we examine whether h ...
- Deaton, B. James; Lawley, Chad; Nadella, Karthik
- Agricultural economics 2018 v.49 no.4 pp. 521-531
- agricultural land; conservation practices; conservation tillage; cover crops; data collection; farmers; leasing; ownership; regression analysis; Ontario
- ... Are farmers better stewards of the land they own than the land they rent from others? We answer this question using a data set that identifies Ontario farmers’ conservation practices on their own land as well as the land they rent. Using a fixed‐effects regression approach, we find that the role of tenure varies for different types of conservation practices. Farmers were found to be just as likely ...