Jump to Main Content
- Parvathi, Priyanka
- Agricultural economics 2018 v.49 no.4 pp. 497-509
- developing countries; diet; farmers; farming systems; food purchasing; malnutrition; markets; Laos
- ... Malnourishment continues to remain a challenge in developing countries. As the undernourished are largely smallholder farmers, it is widely assumed that farm diversification and mixed crop‐livestock agricultural systems can help alleviate this problem. However, empirical evidence in this context is limited. Hence, we use a two‐year panel's data from Laos to examine whether farm production diversit ...
- Bühler, Dorothee; Hartje, Rebecca; Grote, Ulrike
- Agricultural economics 2018 v.49 no.4 pp. 481-495
- children; data collection; food security; growth retardation; households; malnutrition; nutritional status; underweight; Cambodia; Laos
- ... This article aims to understand the relation between household food security and individual undernutrition. The multitude of indicators available raises the question which aspects of food security are captured by the respective indicator. In our analysis, we first assess the relation between the dimensions of food security and households’ socioeconomic characteristics. Second, we examine whether h ...