Jump to Main Content
- Yu, Jisang; Sumner, Daniel A.
- Agricultural economics 2018 v.49 no.4 pp. 533-545
- crop insurance; crop production; crops; farms; marketing; purchasing; risk; subsidies
- ... This study focuses on how subsidized crop insurance affects crop choices. Crop insurance may change farm investments by reducing risks and providing subsidies. First, actuarially fair insurance reduces risks in crop production and marketing, holding the expected return constant. Second, insurance subsidies encourage farms to purchase crop insurance, which increases the expected return to insured r ...
- Abate, Gashaw Tadesse; Bernard, Tanguy; de Brauw, Alan; Minot, Nicholas
- Agricultural economics 2018 v.49 no.4 pp. 409-421
- farmers; fertilizers; grain yield; marketing; planting; technology; wheat; Ethiopia
- ... In 2013, Ethiopia's Agricultural Transformation Agency introduced the Wheat Initiative to increase smallholder productivity. In this article, we measure the impacts of the Wheat Initiative package of technologies, and its marketing assistance component alone, on yields among a promotional group of farmers. The package includes improved techniques, improved inputs, and a guaranteed market for the c ...
- PubMed Central: