Jump to Main Content
- Zhu, Nong; Luo, Xubei
- Agricultural economics 2010 v.41 no.2 pp. 191-204
- household income; household surveys; households, etc ; case studies; cities; farm income; farm labor; farmers; labor productivity; rural poverty; China; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Large numbers of agricultural labor moved from the countryside to cities after the economic reforms in China. Migration and remittances play an important role in transforming the structure of rural household income. This article examines the impact of rural-to-urban migration on rural poverty and inequality in a mountainous area of Hubei province using the data of a 2002 household survey. Since mi ...
- Berkhout, Ezra D.; Schipper, Robert A.; Kuyvenhoven, Arie; Coulibaly, Ousmane
- Agricultural economics 2010 pp. 265-273
- households, etc ; attitudes and opinions; case studies; developing countries; farmers; farming systems; farms; Nigeria; Show all 8 Subjects
- ... Household characteristics are commonly used to explain variation in smallholder efficiency levels. The underlying assumption is that differences in intended behavior are well described by such variables, while there is no a priori reason that this is the case. Moreover, heterogeneity in farmer goals and preferences, in relation to the role of the farm enterprise, are not well documented in develop ...