Jump to Main Content
- Ouma, Emily; Jagwe, John; Obare, Gideon Aiko; Abele, Steffen
- Agricultural economics 2010 v.41 no.2 pp. 111-122
- household surveys, etc ; bananas; farmers; farming systems; gender; households; income; information sources; information systems; issues and policy; labor; land tenure; markets; models; prices; purchasing; rural roads; sales; urban areas; Burundi; Central Africa; Rwanda; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... A bivariate probit model was employed to jointly and separately estimate banana market participation decisions of buying and selling households in Rwanda and Burundi using household survey data. Selectivity bias was corrected for estimating the transacted volumes using Heckman's procedure. The results showed that transaction cost-related factors such as geographical location of households, market ...
- Zhu, Nong; Luo, Xubei
- Agricultural economics 2010 v.41 no.2 pp. 191-204
- household surveys, etc ; case studies; cities; farm income; farm labor; farmers; household income; households; labor productivity; rural poverty; China; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Large numbers of agricultural labor moved from the countryside to cities after the economic reforms in China. Migration and remittances play an important role in transforming the structure of rural household income. This article examines the impact of rural-to-urban migration on rural poverty and inequality in a mountainous area of Hubei province using the data of a 2002 household survey. Since mi ...