Jump to Main Content
- Kilic, Talip; Winters, Paul; Carletto, Calogero
- Agricultural economics 2015 v.46 no.3 pp. 281-284
- household surveys, etc ; case studies; gender differences; issues and policy; land productivity; managers; Show all 6 Subjects
- ... This special issue contributes to the literature on gender differences in sub‐Saharan African agriculture primarily by using new and innovative micro‐data. The first six articles have a strong focus on understanding the extent and drivers of gender differences in land productivity and use data from nationally representative household surveys that are implemented under the Living Standards Measurem ...
- Zhu, Nong; Luo, Xubei
- Agricultural economics 2010 v.41 no.2 pp. 191-204
- household surveys, etc ; case studies; cities; farm income; farm labor; farmers; household income; households; labor productivity; rural poverty; China; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Large numbers of agricultural labor moved from the countryside to cities after the economic reforms in China. Migration and remittances play an important role in transforming the structure of rural household income. This article examines the impact of rural-to-urban migration on rural poverty and inequality in a mountainous area of Hubei province using the data of a 2002 household survey. Since mi ...