Jump to Main Content
- Kumari, Ankita; Pathak, Akhilendra K.; Guria, Chandan
- Agricultural research 2015 v.4 no.3 pp. 261-271
- temperature; microalgae; nitrogen; nutrients; nutrient uptake; lipids; photons; carbon; sodium bicarbonate; Arthrospira platensis; pH; potassium; NPK fertilizers; cost effectiveness; sodium chloride; biomass; chlorophyll; culture media; phosphorus
- ... A cost-effective fertilizer-based optimum culture medium was formulated for the mass production of Spirulina platensis using NPK-10:26:26 complex fertilizer and growth results were compared with several standard culture media. The microalga was grown in an illuminated white LED with 50 μmol photons m⁻² s⁻¹ and 30 °C temperature under orbital shaking. The optimum NPK fertilizer medium was formulate ...
- Mukhopadhyay, Mainak; Banerjee, Rintu
- Agricultural research 2015 v.4 no.3 pp. 309-318
- Ricinus communis; algorithms; biofuels; biomass; cellulose; cinnamic acid; delignification; depolymerization; enzyme activity; ethanol production; feedstocks; ferulic acid; forests; fuel production; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; hemicellulose; infrared spectroscopy; laccase; lignin; p-coumaric acid; pH; response surface methodology; scanning electron microscopy; temperature; value-added products; India
- ... Agricultural biomass left to decay in the fields and forests has a huge possibility to serve as a low-cost feedstock for production of bioethanol and other value added products. In the Indian subcontinent, Ricinus communis, growing in parched conditions contributes a major biomass containing 44.4 % cellulose, 22.8 % hemicelluloses and 19.8 % lignin. In the present study, response surface methodolo ...