Jump to Main Content
- Jara-Rojas, Roberto; Bravo-Ureta, Boris E.; Díaz, José
- Agricultural systems 2012 v.110 pp. 54-62
- food security, etc ; agricultural industry; climate change; conservation practices; developing countries; farm size; farmers; farms; irrigation; land use; logit analysis; models; poverty; risk reduction; social capital; surveys; uncertainty; water conservation; water utilization; watersheds; Chile; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... The agricultural sector accounts roughly for 63% of total annual water utilization worldwide and in developing countries the figure is much higher, with 90% of water use attributable to agriculture. Irrigation plays a crucial role in agricultural production efficiency, risk reduction, food security, and poverty alleviation. Recently, there has been growing concern over climate change and the assoc ...
- Comas, Jordi; Connor, David; Isselmou, Mohamed El Moctar; Mateos, Luciano; GÃ³mez-Macpherson, Helena
- Agricultural systems 2012 v.110 pp. 152-161
- food security, etc ; crop yield; cropping systems; crops; dry season; farmers; foods; households; infrastructure; input costs; irrigated farming; irrigation management; labor; loans; markets; paddies; rain; rice; rivers; traditional farming; villages; water use efficiency; wet season; Mauritania; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... The objective of this paper is to evaluate why small-scale farmers do not persist with irrigation along the Senegal River Valley of Mauritania. Surveys of all households of 12 villages that combine traditional agriculture with irrigated rice production collected information on workload, inputs and productivity of cropping systems together with food requirement and costs in local markets. Analyses ...