Jump to Main Content
- Castelán-Ortega, Octavio A.; Fawcett, Roy H.; Arriaga-Jordán, Carlos; Herrero, Mario
- Agricultural systems 2003 v.75 pp. 23-46
- case studies; cattle; cattle feeding; corn; crops; decision support systems; farm size; farmers; farming systems; land use; milk production; production technology; surveys; Mexico
- ... This paper describes the functioning and validation of the Decision Support Systems described in the first part of the paper. The DSS ran three case studies with different farm sizes that represent the range of farmers found in the Valley. The DSS results were validated against survey data for the same cases. Traditional technologies for maize and milk production were reproduced by the DSS includi ...
- Dorward, Peter; Galpin, Mark; Shepherd, Derek
- Agricultural systems 2003 v.75 pp. 97-117
- tomatoes; farmers; farm management; ex ante analysis; farming systems; green manures; case studies; wet season; technology; Ghana
- ... This paper examines the potential of using Participatory Farm Management methods to examine the suitability of a technology with farmers prior to on-farm trials. A study examining the suitability of green manuring as a technology for use with wet season tomato producers in Ghana is described. Findings from this case study demonstrate that Participatory Budgeting can be used by farmers and research ...