Jump to Main Content
- Obersteiner, Michael, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Agricultural systems 2011 v.104 no.2 pp. 204-215
- agricultural land; deforestation; economic development; ecosystems; elasticities; food prices; food production; foods; forests; income; land management; models; people; per capita food consumption; population growth; water supply
- ... Over the next decades mankind will demand more food from fewer land and water resources. This study quantifies the food production impacts of four alternative development scenarios from the Millennium Ecosystem Assessment and the Special Report on Emission Scenarios. Partially and jointly considered are land and water supply impacts from population growth, and technical change, as well as forest a ...
- Obersteiner, Michael, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Agricultural systems 2013 v.120 pp. 61-75
- European Union; application rate; climate; corn; crop models; crop yield; crops; cultivars; environmental policy; geographic information systems; heat; irrigation management; land use; linear models; meteorological parameters; model validation; policy analysis; rye; simulation models; soil; sowing; spring barley; winter wheat; Europe
- ... Justifiable usage of large-scale crop model simulations requires transparent, comprehensive and spatially extensive evaluations of their performance and associated accuracy. Simulated crop yields of a Pan-European implementation of the Environmental Policy Integrated Climate (EPIC) crop model were satisfactorily evaluated with reported regional yield data from EUROSTAT for four major crops, includ ...