Jump to Main Content
- Trabelsi, Lina; Gargouri, Kamel; Ben Hassena, Ameni; Mbadra, Chaker; Ghrab, Mohamed; Ncube, Bhekumthetho; Van Staden, Johannes; Gargouri, Radhia
- Agricultural water management 2019 v.213 pp. 749-759
- Olea europaea, etc ; Mediterranean climate; arid zones; drought; freshwater; irrigation; irrigation water; leaves; olives; photosynthesis; plant available water; rain; saline water; salinity; salt stress; summer; temperature; trees; water quality; water stress; wet season; Mediterranean region; Tunisia; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... Effects of drought and salinity on water status, growth and physiological activity of olive can be temporary or permanent and may impact olive production sustainability, especially in southern Mediterranean areas. Tunisia has a Mediterranean climate with high temperatures and low summer rainfall. Thus water stress problems are likely to be more severe for cultivated olive trees. In addition, the r ...
- Erel, Ran; Eppel, Amir; Yermiyahu, Uri; Ben-Gal, Alon; Levy, Guy; Zipori, Isaac; Schaumann, Gabriele E.; Mayer, Oliver; Dag, Arnon
- Agricultural water management 2019 v.213 pp. 324-335
- Olea europaea, etc ; absorption; adverse effects; autumn; crops; cultivars; exchangeable sodium; field experimentation; freshwater; fruit yield; irrigation; leaching; leaves; nitrogen; nutrient management; nutrients; olives; phosphorus; potassium; salinity; salt content; salts; sodium; soil salinity; soil solution; trees; wastewater; wastewater treatment; water shortages; Show all 29 Subjects
- ... Utilization of reclaimed wastewater (RWW) presents an alternative to irrigation of agricultural crops with fresh water (Fr), especially in dry areas characterized by water scarcity. While RWW often contains considerable amounts of valuable plant nutrients, it is also typically characterized by high salt content, which can impair agricultural yields and have environmental repercussions. The objecti ...