Jump to Main Content
- Nyathi, M.K.; van Halsema, G.E.; Annandale, J.G.; Struik, P.C.
- Agricultural water management 2018 v.208 pp. 107-119
- C3 plants, etc ; Amaranthus cruentus; Araneae; Beta vulgaris subsp. vulgaris; C4 plants; Gynandropsis gynandra; aboveground biomass; canopy; databases; evapotranspiration; flowers; green leafy vegetables; harvesting; households; irrigation management; models; nutrient deficiencies; soil water; soil water content; sustainable agriculture; transpiration; water stress; South Africa; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... Traditional leafy vegetables (TLVs’) are vegetables that were introduced in an area a long time ago, where they adapted to local conditions and became part of the local culture. In Sub-Saharan Africa, the use of TLVs’ as a nutrient dense alternative food source to combat micronutrient deficiency of rural resource-poor households (RRPHs), has gained attention in debates on food and nutrition securi ...
- Wang, Tongxin; Tang, Xuguang; Zheng, Chen; Gu, Qing; Wei, Jin; Ma, Mingguo
- Agricultural water management 2018 v.209 pp. 142-150
- C3 plants, etc ; C4 plants; corn; crop yield; cropland; crops; ecosystems; eddy covariance; engineering; environmental factors; evapotranspiration; food security; growing season; moderate resolution imaging spectroradiometer; normalized difference vegetation index; paddies; photosynthesis; primary productivity; rice; soybeans; summer; time series analysis; water resources; water use efficiency; winter wheat; Show all 25 Subjects
- ... Water use efficiency (WUE) is an important parameter to assess agricultural production and the reasonable utilization of water resources. Especially in the context of changing hydrological environment, more attention need to be paid on how to use limited water resource to improve crop yield for ensuring food security. Based on 33 site-years of flux measurements over 10 cropland sites using the edd ...