Jump to Main Content
- Dube, S.; Muchaonyerwa, P.; Mapanda, F.; Hughes, J.
- Agricultural water management 2018 v.208 pp. 335-343
- harvesting, etc ; Brachiaria; Medicago sativa; Urochloa decumbens; acidity; alfalfa; aluminum; biomass; boron; calcium; clay; copper; crops; iron; irrigation; magnesium; manganese; nitrogen content; nutrient uptake; organic carbon; pH; particle size distribution; phosphorus; phytotoxicity; plant growth; pollutants; potassium; sandy loam soils; sludge; soil properties; tap water; tissues; wastewater; water treatment; zinc; Zimbabwe; Show all 36 Subjects
- ... This study assessed the effects of irrigation with different dilutions of sludge water, a wastewater from an aluminium-based drinking water treatment plant in Harare, Zimbabwe, on yield and elemental uptake of Brachiaria decumbens (brachiaria) and Medicago sativa (lucerne), and on properties of clay and sandy loam soils. The sludge water was characterised and diluted to 25%, 50% and 75% of the ori ...
- Di Gioia, Francesco; Rosskopf, Erin N.; Leonardi, Cherubino; Giuffrida, Francesco
- Agricultural water management 2018 v.203 pp. 97-104
- harvesting, etc ; Brassica oleracea var. italica; application timing; basins; biomass; broccoli; carbon dioxide; chlorides; crop yield; developmental stages; flavor; florets; glucobrassicin; irrigation management; irrigation water; leaves; nutritive value; osmotic pressure; plant growth; saline water; salt stress; semiarid zones; sodium; total soluble solids; toxicity; Show all 25 Subjects
- ... Irrigation with moderately saline water is a necessity in many semi-arid areas of the Mediterranean Basin, and requires adequate irrigation management strategies. Broccoli (Brassica oleracea var. italica), a crop moderately sensitive to salinity stress, was used to evaluate the effects of the application of saline (S) and non-saline (NS) irrigation water during two growth phases in terms of plant ...