Jump to Main Content
- Vanclooster, M., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Agricultural water management 2019 v.212 pp. 338-348
- agricultural land; case studies; data collection; economic indicators; environmental impact; farmers; food production; hydrologic models; microirrigation; small farms; social factors; surveys; uncertainty; water conservation; water resources; Morocco
- ... Programs targeting conversion to irrigation techniques promoted as water-efficient, such as drip irrigation, are multiplying worldwide with the claimed objective to secure food production while alleviating the pressure on water resources. However, there is a persisting and widespread questioning about the actual impact when implementing the techniques in the real-world context, particularly in sma ...
- Vanclooster, M., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Agricultural water management 2008 v.95 no.2 pp. 133-142
- groundwater; water quality; agricultural land; irrigated farming; irrigation; groundwater contamination; bacterial contamination; coliform bacteria; Streptococcus; Clostridium; physicochemical properties; orthophosphates; nitrites; nitrates; ammonia; dissolved organic matter; Morocco
- ... Irrigated agriculture in (semi-)arid regions may exert serious pressures on groundwater resources and jeopardise further agricultural and socio-economical developments. For assessing these pressures, we present in this paper results from a groundwater quality survey performed in 2005 within the irrigated agricultural Triffa plain in north-east Morocco. The study focuses on the physico-chemical and ...