Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Yanwei; Luo, Weijun; Zeng, Guangneng; Peng, Haijun; Cheng, Anyun; Zhang, Lin; Cai, Xianli; Chen, Jia; Lyu, Yina; Yang, Hanling; Wang, Shijie
- Agriculture, ecosystems & environment 2020 v.292 pp. 106821
- abandoned land; agricultural land; carbon; carbon dioxide; carbon sinks; climate; dry season; ecological restoration; ecosystems; energy flow; evapotranspiration; global carbon budget; heat; karsts; latent heat; monitoring; monsoon season; net ecosystem exchange; seasonal variation; soil; vegetation cover; wet season; China
- ... Extensive areas of agricultural land have been abandoned to ecological restoration in recent years in the karst region of Southwest China, which contributes to the greening of the area. However, there has yet no direct observation of carbon, water, and energy fluxes on abandoned land in the region. In addition, because of the coupling between above and below-ground processes, monitoring of the kar ...
- Lu, Tongping; Wang, Xiujun; Xu, Minggang; Yu, Zhitong; Luo, Yongming; Smith, Pete
- Agriculture, ecosystems & environment 2020 v.292 pp. 106820
- calcium; carbon sequestration; carbon sinks; carbonates; corn; crop rotation; cropland; intensive cropping; magnesium; river deltas; semiarid zones; soil organic carbon; soil profiles; soil salinization; wheat; China; Yellow River
- ... There is evidence of higher levels of pedogenic carbonate (PIC) than soil organic carbon (SOC) in cropland, and a positive relationship between PIC and SOC in salt-affected soils of arid and semi-arid regions. This study is designed to test the hypothesis that PIC is influenced by intensive cropping and salinization in semi-humid regions, in which soil carbonate (SIC) often exceeds SOC. We select ...