Jump to Main Content
- Schmidt, Jason M.; Whitehouse, T. Seth; Green, Kirk; Krehenwinkel, Henrik; Schmidt-Jeffris, Rebecca; Sial, Ashfaq A.
- Agriculture, ecosystems & environment 2019 v.272 pp. 86-94
- DNA barcoding; Drosophila suzukii; bait traps; blueberries; canopy; diet; forests; habitats; landscapes; natural enemies; pests; predators; prediction; Southeastern United States
- ... Like natural enemies, invasive polyphagous pests may respond positively to local and landscape-scale diversity, making them more serious challenges to sustainable management than specialists. Yet the current view of landscape effects on pests rarely considers perennial systems or polyphagous pests. We investigated Drosophila suzukii (SWD) and natural enemy distributions and trophic interactions in ...
- Jacobsen, Stine K.; Moraes, Gilberto J.; Sørensen, Helle; Sigsgaard, Lene
- Agriculture, ecosystems & environment 2019 v.272 pp. 1-9
- Araneae; Hymenoptera; Phytoseiidae; Tetranychus urticae; Urtica dioica; agroecosystems; habitats; herbaceous plants; insect pests; leaves; natural enemies; organic production; parasitoids; phytophagous insects; predator-prey relationships; predatory mites; species abundance; species richness; strawberries; vegetation
- ... Cropping practice influence arthropod species abundance and diversity in agroecosystems, thus impacting populations of insect pests and their natural enemies. A field study was conducted to investigate whether pest and natural enemy abundance was higher in organic compared with conventional strawberry fields, and whether the non-managed vegetation surrounding the field impacted natural enemy abund ...