Jump to Main Content
- Chen, Chunfeng; Wu, Junen; Zhu, Xiai; Jiang, Xiaojin; Liu, Wenjie; Zeng, Huanhuan; Meng, Fan-Rui
- Agriculture, ecosystems & environment 2019 v.277 pp. 25-35
- spatial variation, etc ; Isoptera; drainage systems; dry season; dyes; evaporation; fungi; fungivores; gas exchange; heat; humidity; insect colonies; microclimate; morphogenesis; rain; spatial distribution; temporal variation; termite mounds; water content; wet season; South Asia; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... Many species of fungus-feeding termites collectively build massive mound structures that enclose a network of broad tunnels to provide a controlled microclimate in which to raise fungus and brood by managing heat, humidity and respiratory gas exchange. However, the mechanisms by which termites regulate the water content inside the termite mounds are currently unknown in regions in southern Asia wi ...
- Ye, Luping; Fang, Linchuan; Shi, Zhihua; Deng, Lei; Tan, Wenfeng
- Agriculture, ecosystems & environment 2019 v.269 pp. 204-214
- spatial variation, etc ; afforestation; evaporation; evapotranspiration; forests; grasslands; land restoration; models; normalized difference vegetation index; rain; semiarid zones; soil water; spatial distribution; temporal variation; vegetation cover; water holding capacity; China; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... The continuous afforestation has led to significant changes in soil moisture (SM) dynamics on the Loess Plateau, China (LPC). However, evaluating the spatio-temporal distributions and driving factors of the SM changes following afforestation is challenging because of the difficulty of accessing areas and the lack of long-term series records. Here, we evaluated the accuracy of Global Land Evaporati ...