Jump to Main Content
- Venter, Zander S.; Hawkins, Heidi-Jayne; Cramer, Michael D.
- Agriculture, ecosystems & environment 2019 v.272 pp. 175-187
- spatial variation, etc ; animal behavior; biodiversity; cattle; ecological function; feces; forage; grasslands; grazing management; herds; lawns and turf; livestock productivity; normalized difference vegetation index; overgrazing; rangelands; spatial distribution; stocking rate; trampling damage; walking; South Africa; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... It is well known that rangelands lose productivity and ecosystem function under excessive rates of livestock stocking, however the role of the spatio-temporal distribution of grazing density remains debated. Multiple studies show that managing grazing for high livestock density has little effect on plant and livestock productivity, yet fewer explore animal behaviour as a mechanism that would expla ...
- Ye, Luping; Fang, Linchuan; Shi, Zhihua; Deng, Lei; Tan, Wenfeng
- Agriculture, ecosystems & environment 2019 v.269 pp. 204-214
- spatial variation, etc ; afforestation; evaporation; evapotranspiration; forests; grasslands; land restoration; models; normalized difference vegetation index; rain; semiarid zones; soil water; spatial distribution; temporal variation; vegetation cover; water holding capacity; China; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... The continuous afforestation has led to significant changes in soil moisture (SM) dynamics on the Loess Plateau, China (LPC). However, evaluating the spatio-temporal distributions and driving factors of the SM changes following afforestation is challenging because of the difficulty of accessing areas and the lack of long-term series records. Here, we evaluated the accuracy of Global Land Evaporati ...