Jump to Main Content
- Trillo, Alejandro; Montero-Castaño, Ana; González-Varo, Juan P.; González-Moreno, Pablo; Ortiz-Sánchez, F. Javier; Vilà, Montserrat
- Agriculture, ecosystems & environment 2019 v.272 pp. 230-236
- Angiospermae; Apis mellifera; Bombus terrestris; crops; farmers; flowering; greenhouses; habitats; honey bees; landscapes; pollination; pollinators; risk; spring; strawberries; winter; Spain
- ... In recent decades, there has been a remarkable expansion of pollinator-dependent crops. An increase in the use of commercial pollinator colonies associated with these crops may promote the spillover of managed pollinators into nearby natural habitats. There, these managed pollinators can exploit floral resources similar to those of wild pollinators, and thus increase competition for local resource ...
- Donkersley, Philip
- Agriculture, ecosystems & environment 2019 v.270-271 pp. 79-83
- Angiospermae; computer simulation; cost effectiveness; ecosystem services; food security; foraging; habitats; honey bees; land use; landscapes; natural capital; pollinating insects; pollination; spatial data; trees; woodlands
- ... Limited resources and land-use pressures require more efficient conservation strategies, from increasingly limited input. Pollinator declines are threatening food security and natural capital. I present a novel perspective on landscape level pollinator conservation from across multiple scientific fields. I examine the value of landscape structure provided by trees and hedgerows compared with flora ...